New Mexico Educational Assistance Foundation (NMEAF)
The New Mexico Educational Assistance Foundation, also conducting business as New Mexico Student Loans (NMSL), is committed to safeguarding the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information. Federal law requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. The New Mexico Educational Assistance Foundation does not share personally identifying information with third-party marketers.
Section 1: Information We Collect and Share
http://www.fafsa.gov/privacy.htm. NMEAF collects and shares personal information about you in order to:
● identify you as our customer;
● report to consumer reporting agencies (credit bureaus);
● complete customer transactions; and
● comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
Examples of the types of personal information that we may collect include:
● Your Social Security Number, name, contact information, birthdate and phone number;
● Your transaction history and account balances;
● Financial information (in certain circumstances);
● Information provided to us on a loan application, promissory note, form and/or through other communications (for example, an e-mail address);
● Information about your transactions with us or others, including lenders, schools, or the
U. S. Department of Education;
● Information we receive from consumer credit reporting agencies or public records.
Section 2: Protection of Your Information
All financial companies need to share their customers’ personal information to run their everyday businesses. We do not disclose personal information about our customers or former customers, except as permitted or required by law or regulation. NMEAF protects your personal information from unauthorized access and use. We use security measures that represent best practices in the student loan industry. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
Section 3: Notification
We must notify you about our privacy practices when NMEAF becomes the lender or servicer of your student loan(s) and annually thereafter until NMEAF no longer holds or services your loan(s).
Section 4: NMEAF/NMSL Website
NMEAF does not automatically collect personal information from visitors to our websites. However, we may automatically collect and store certain data from all website visitors; for example, the name of the domain and host from which the visitor accessed the Internet, the Internet Protocol (IP) address of computers and browser software used to access an NMEAF website, the date and time the visitor accesses NMEAF websites and the Internet address of the website from which a visitor links directly to an NMEAF website.
No cookies or other tracking technology are used on the Web site. Cookies are small programs placed on the user's computer that track the user's whereabouts. If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the Web site, read pages, or download information, our website's operating system will automatically record some general information about your visit as stated above.